Sunday, September 5, 2010

Oh that Tilda, she has a secret!

Good morning, and happy Sunday!

Of course, since it is Sunday, that means a new challenge over at Paper Sundaes!  Our challenge this week is near and dear to my heart:  Mixed Mediums!  If you take a peak back through my blog, you will notice that almost all of my coloring is mixed medium...  I am constantly using chalks with my copics, or copics with my watercolors!

I've been looking for an excuse to cut into my new My Mind's Eye papers I picked up last week, and this seemed like the perfect occasion :)


For this card I used Secretive Tilda.  She must be sneaking up on someone with some birthday flowers!

For my mixed mediums, I used Copics (her overalls, flowers, skin and grass) Prismacolor pencils (her shirt, hair, plus extra shading on her pants using Espresso brown) and chalks (her blush, around her in pink and some shading in the grass).

I hope you will join us for our Mixed Medium challenge at Paper Sundaes!  Just remember, if you are using Copics as one of your mediums, use them FIRST!  (so you don't destroy your nibs!!)

I am entering this into the following challenges
Sketch Saturday:  Sketch
Stamp and Create Challenge:  Flowers
7 Kids Challenge:  1 Sparkly (paper), 2 patterned papers, 3 flowers
Bunny Zoe's Challenge:  Vintage
Just Magnolia:  Anything Goes
Cupcake Crafts:  Let's Get Digital (sentiment)

Thanks for stopping by!  Check yesterday's post for this week's favorite family recipe!

26 comments:

fi's cards and crafts said...

christine...this ia fab and your colouring is excellent. I find this very therapeutic using the 2 mediums...great challenge.

Fi
x

alicaz said...

So cute - great coloring! Lovely papers too! Happy Sunday!

HappyCrafter said...

So pretty, neat to see the use of mixed mediums, this is something I don't do often, and you make it look so easy! New blog design looks good too.

chrissy xx said...

This is one cute Tilda. Love your card. It's Gorgeous.
Chrissyxx

Rene said...

What a super sweet card!

Faye said...

This is a wonderful project with a gorgeously coloured image. Thanks so much for playing at Cupcake & Charisma this week. x

Cami said...

Aawwww this is such a sweet card with that Secretive Tilda that you have colored beautifully! Cami

Card Crazy said...

She's a real cutie pie. Darling card.
Sue S.

Kim Y. said...

What a cutie! Love your card!

Lisa said...

Beautiful project! Thanks for joining us at 7Kids Challenge!

Marjo said...

Hi Christine,

Gorgeous creation, Wonderful DT creation.

Hugs, Marjo

Pat said...

How darling!!! Love the colors...and the coloring!! Good luck in the challenges!! Pat Frank

Kathy said...

This is just adorable!!! The image is so sweet and I LOVE the papers that you have used with her!! So cute!
:)Kathy

Lacey Stephens said...

Fantastic card! I love it!
~Lacey

Wishcraft said...

Such a pretty card - lovely papers, sweet image and gorgeous lace :o) I'm just trying to get around everyone who left messages on my candy post, will add myself as a follower now! Lisa x

Autumn said...

Your coloring is fab and I love those papers, great job!
xxAutumn

Deeanna said...

Super cute card...

Manuela said...

Lovely card. ♥

Thanks for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge blog. ^_^

Hugs,
¤Manuela¤

Pattie said...

Oh Christine - super cute image and your coloring is fabulous! I love it!

Christina C. said...

Sooooo cute....love it!

Niki Estes said...

What a pretty card! I love the colors and lace!

Julie said...

Just darling! Thank you for joining us at 7 Kids Challenge Blog!

Julie

Michele said...

Oh such a gorgeous card!!! Hugs Michele x

Terry said...

Hiya thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday with your fabulous card and good luck. Hugs Terry xxxx

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Totally adorable and perfect for our challenge! Thanks for giving our special monthly challenge at Just Magnolia a try, good luck! Hope to see you back again! :)

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Really adorable and I love that lace and yummy paper!! MME is my favorite!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...