Friday, September 3, 2010

A card and a new tradition!

Oh I've been a bad blogger!  But my house looks a bit cleaner!  LOL

A couple of days ago, I placed an order at Paper Jewels with Jenny's Buy Two Get One Free sale that's on right now, and look what arrived the very next day!  24 hours from when I placed the order, amazing!!  Here's some of it!


Now the tough part... which one to ink up first!!

With my new CC designs on the way, I thought I should ink up one of my last order that I haven't used yet.  OF course, I didn't realize then, that my order would arrive before I could get this one posted!  I decided to get out the cute Swiss Pixies Birgitta by CC Designs.  Like always, I managed to hit a lot of challenges with this one, they are all listed below!  :)


The paper is some old Crate Paper from my stash.  Birgitta is colored with Copics, and the shading on the Gina K matting is done with chalk.  The wings were done with Stickles.

Now for the new:

I am hoping to start my own weekly tradition here on my blog!  I don't know about you, but I love to torture my family with new recipes as often as possible!  Each week I am going to try and post a link to my favorite online recipe.  I haven't decided if it will be Friday or Saturday, but I am going to start it today!  Feel free to post yours!  If you post it on your blog, let me know and I will make sure to drop by!

My recipe this week is for my family's favorite salmon dish:  Cedar Planked Salmon.  We get the planks in 6 packs from Costco for $10 CAD.  Be sure to soak the planks :)  If you try it, let me know what you think!

Challenges:
Flutterby Wednesday:  sketch
7 Kids College Fund Challenge:  3 flowers, 2 patterned papers, 1 sparkly (her wings!)
Bunny Zoe's Challenge:  Vintage
Stampin' for the weekend:  vintage
Dutch Dare: Vintage Summer
Simon Says Stamp:  Pearls and Lace
Papertake Weekly:  Just the one (Just one piece of lace, just one cardstock, just one sheet of DP- it was two sided!  :)
Wild Orchid:  Make it Sparkle (her wings)
All That Scraps Wednesday's Challenge:  Lace

14 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a cute card! Love that image... great stitching job! Thank you for joining us at DDCC this week.

HappyCrafter said...

Sweet card, just love the stitching--how did you do that!!! Very jealous of your new stamps too, can't wait to see what you create. Great idea with the recipes, will be watching these too :-)

Danni said...

Such an adorable card!Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Nancy Thomas said...

Wow - that's a lot of stamps - what fun! Great coloring on this and a very nice overall design.

Lisa said...

OOO looks like some serious stampin fun is in your future! Adorable card!
Thanks for joining us at 7Kids Challenge!

Kim said...

WOW this is gorgeous hun! Thanks for joining us at WOC! Have fun with all of your new stamps!!!
Hugs~ Kim

Monique said...

How adorable!!Love the stitching!!Great take on the challenges!!

Manuela said...

Your card looks so adorable. ♥

Thanks for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge blog. ^_^

Hugs,
¤Manuela¤

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Pretty floral paper and lace!! :)


Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Julie said...

Your card is just darling! Thank you for joining us at 7 Kids Challenge Blog!

Julie

Martine said...

ooo just look at all those scrummy stamps :D

and ooo this is sooo cute, such a fab image :), love the papers and embellies too, simply gorgeous :)

Thanks so much for joining in with this weeks Simon Says Challenge :)

xx
Martine

Mummylade said...

This is just lovely. I'm so glad you joined the SFTW challenge with this project and good luck!

Annika said...

Such a gorgeous card with amazing details. Thanks for joining us at SFTW for our vintage challenge! :)
Hugs
Annika

Devlin said...

Fab card! And I saw that you've won, so congrats!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...