Sunday, August 22, 2010

Bumblebee Hansel Goes Trick or Treating!

This week at Paper Sundaes, Crystal came up with a wonderful sketch for us to play with.  Since our sponsor is Paper Jewels, I decided to use this cute stamp called Bumblebee Hansel.  I decided to make Hansel into a trick-or-treater, so I gave him a little trick or treat bag that I found online and manipulated with my Photoshop, then shaded it with my prismacolors.  Hansel himself is colored with copics.  I think this would be great on a Halloween scrapbook page, too... and I think that it would work for a girl's page too... it could be Gretel in the costume, don't you think?


I did alter the sketch a bit by making it into a rectangle instead of square, since the sentiment is on the bag :)

The papers are from the Little Sprout collection by Crate Paper, from my stash.

I hope you will come play along with us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Adding:  my team is looking for votes in the PWCO team challenge, we are the Sundae Sweeties, and you can vote here!

challenges:
7 Kids College Fund Challenge #2- Strip it down (max 2 layers of designer paper)
Meljen's Designs Challenge #21- Brown, teal and orange
Stamp Something-  Something Digi

12 comments:

fi's cards and crafts said...

awe...this is beautiful...love the image and the DP.

fi
x

alicaz said...

so cute! the background paper looks just like a beehive :)

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Adorable Christine, I can't believe you did the bag yourself. I thought it came that way, LOL Great DP, the background looks like a beehive.

Carla aka scrappypug said...

How cute! Love that sweet image and your coloring is gorgeous!

Shana said...

Christine - love your colouring, the background paper - and the cute bag of course! Fab take on the sketch with the little ribbon tags.

Crystal said...

Love how you made the image into a trick or treater! Super cute & love the bag you made too!

Sprytebyrd said...

Such a great card! Love the papers you've used!

Thanks so much for joining us in our color challenge at Meljen's Designs this week! Good luck!
Dee (Spryte)♥
Sprytebyrds Spot

Manuela said...

Sweet card! ♥

Thanks for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge blog. ^_^

Hugs,
¤Manuela¤

Marlene said...

Awww..he's just too cute!

Pattie said...

Oh, Hansel is so cute - I love everything about it!

Julie said...

So sweet!

Thank you for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund!

Julie

Lisa said...

So sweet! Thanks for joining us at 7Kids Challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...