Friday, July 30, 2010

Zigzag card photo tutorial

I decided to write a quick photo tutorial on my zigzag card from yesterday.  When I went to make it, I couldn't find a tutorial or dimensions anywhere, so I had to just wing it.  Here's how I did it:

I made a card that was 5.5 by 5.5.  This allowed for one inch to adhere my back panel to.  If you would like a different size, you would need to adjust accordingly.

For the base of my zigzag card, you will need one 12x12 sheet of paper.  Cut one piece 12 x 5.5 inches, and another piece 5.5 x 5.5 inches



(Forgot to label this one, it's 5.5x5.5)

Take the 12x5.5 piece and score at the 5.5 and 11 inch marks.  The one inch flap will be what you tape the 5.5 piece to, at the end!  To fold, with the one inch score to your right, the one inch section will fold up, and the left hand 5.5x5.5 panel will fold under.


Now for the angle cut, this was the trickiest part.  I tried a straight cut and didn't care for it, it didn't suit the design I wanted.  For my card, I wanted to see a bit more of the layer with my girl on the fence (see below, or yesterday's post).  For this card, the smallest end is 3/4 of an inch high.  The mid point, where the card will bend the first time (at the 5.5 inch mark) on my card is 2.5 inches high.  You will need to cut from the top corner where the 11 inch score mark connects to the top of the piece down to the 2.5 inch mark.  I find this easiest if you fold over the front layer behind, it will be smaller so it doesn't matter if you cut it too.


The second cut takes you from the 2.5 edge down to your 3/4 inch point.  Be careful at this point not to cut past the score!!


Now it will look like this:


Next, put tape onto your one inch flap and adhere your 5.5 inch square piece onto the front of it.  Now it will look like it should!


And away you go!

My finished product from yesterday's post:


I hope someone finds this helpful!  :)

Have a great weekend,

**~~Christine~~**

3 comments:

Chris (catt871) said...

I DID!!!! THANKS for all that work!! You ROCK!!!!!

Donna said...

I love the design of this card. Fabulous job!

lucky socks said...

That was really help full! thank you so much!


my lucky socks ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...