Sunday, July 11, 2010

A walk in the sun

Good morning!  I hope you are having a great weekend!  The weather is beautiful here, and it inspired my Paper Sundaes card for today.  The challenge this week is 'lots of layers', just up my alley :D


For my card I used a grand total of 10 layers.  Not a record by any means, but I'm pretty sure that it qualifies as lots! :)

For my card today, I used the lovely 'Demure' by Sugar Nellie, our wonderful sponsor this week!  You can find Sugar Nellie stamps for sale at Funky Kits.  Here is a close-up of her:


The color shows up far better on the closeup, doesn't it?  It seems like when I shoot from an angle, from the side, I don't block the lighting as much.

'Demure' is colored with Distress Inks.  The papers are from Basic Grey.  Flowers are from my Wild Orchid stash.

The layout is from the current Sugar Bowl Challenge.

I am also entering this into the following challenge:
A Pocket Full of Posies:  One for the Girls

9 comments:

HappyCrafter said...

What lovely soft colours! Fabulous job with the layers, you make it look easy!

Crystal said...

Very pretty card, love the light colours and great take on the layout. I love this SN image too, very sweet!

Katie said...

I love this!
Thanks for joining us for our first ever Pocket Full Of Posies Challenge, I hope you'll join us next week too as we have another very special prize!
Katie xxx
http://chantillyrosecrafts.blogspot.com

France said...

Hi Christine,

Love this card,

Thanks for your nice comment on my LOTV card, it is one of my favorites too...

Hugs from Montreal
France

Lilian said...

Very beautiful card! Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl Challenge!

cindy said...

That's a lot of layers. Beautiful card.

Donna said...

I really love how you layered this card. It is absolutely beautiful!

Allison said...

She is gorgeous. I wish I had the patience for all those layers but I am lazy. Loving the soft palette!

Chris (catt871) said...

This is BEAUTIFUL Christine!!! I love that image and the layout is AWESOME!!! LOVE IT!!!
Chris

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...