Thursday, July 29, 2010

A labor of love...

Sorry for the photo intensive post, but this card needed it!  My first attempt at a zig zag card, and it was so much fun!

For my card today I used some SUPER cute CC Designs stamps, Swiss Pixies Ladybug Nora, Field Fence, watering can, sentiment, and the Birthday sentiment I printed on my computer to match, then cropped the flower out of an extra of the first sentiment and glued it on.


I have used a total hodgepodge of papers on this card!  The sky paper is by Echo Park paper, the pink circles is Three Bugs in a Rug, and the green circle paper is from My Little Shoebox.

The Watering can is tucked on the inside:





All of the images were colored in copics, with the blue shading done in chalks.  Here's a closeup of Ladybug Nora perched on her fence:




and one last shot, of my card tightly closed:


I have to say that a fair bit of work went into this card... what was I thinking, cutting out the fence and Nora?  The ladybug antenna were really fun to cut out!  :p  Then when I put my colored watering can image through my bigshot, it came out with ink all over it!  I must have cut something that wasn't totally dry.  I almost left it out at that point, but after all of that work, I decided to restamp and recolor, and now it's finally complete!  Phew!

Don't forget that Jenny has all of her in-stock stamps on sale right now 15% off!  Check it out at Paper Jewels!

Challenges:

ABC Challenges:  zigzag card
Quixotic Paperie:  Pink, Blue & Brown -I'm hoping you will forgive me my green :)
Simon Says Stamp challenge:  Dotty
Cute Card Thursday: Add text (My own designed and printed Birthday sentiment)
Simon Says Stamp challenge at Papercraft Planet:  Summer
Caardvarks:  Birthday
Creative Inspirations:  Anything Goes

9 comments:

lucky socks said...

That is soooooo cute! I love the colours you used, and the sentiment is really sweet! Anyone would be super lucky to get that card on their b-day!!!

My Lucky Socks :)

Marlene said...

Your zig zag card is ADORABLE!! I've never done one of these before. Hmmm....inspiring!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so cute.
luv
Debby

alicaz said...

so cute! Looks like a lot of work and the colors don't look hodge-podge at all - I thought they are all from the same collection ;)

Chris (catt871) said...

This is really cute!! I've never tried a zig zag card like that...gonna go have a whirl at it!!!!! I think your images all fit together BEAUTIFULLY!!!!

little angel said...

sweet and cute!
thanks for playing with us at CCT
christine

Basement gal said...

Oh how sweet, I see why you needed so many photo's. Thank you for entering the challenge this week at creative inspirations.

Pops x said...

Gorgeous designs love the colours on this one, great take on zig zags hugs pops x

Cheryl said...

this really is one stunning card,the colurs the layout,the design love it all bless you for playing at creative inspirations,this week,hugs cheryl xxxxxxxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...