Sunday, July 18, 2010

Handmade flowers and DT call

This week at Paper Sundaes, the challenge is to create your own flowers.  I admit it, I set this challenge, so if you hate it, you can blame me!  Sometimes I like to challenge myself to step outside my 'box', and do something I normally don't do.

Our wonderful sponsor this week is Lili of the Valley!  I just love their stamps, they are so cute!  Luckily I have several in my stash of rubber, and had the tough choice of picking one to play with today.



Finally I decided on Little Girls: Swing Time, since it reminds me so much of my little girl and her puppy!  (No matter how old she gets, she will always be a puppy to me!)  This afternoon my daughter sat and read pokemon stats to our poor dog for quite some time... she got quite insulted when the dog closed her eyes at one point!  :D  I think maybe she's finding summer break a bit boring!

Here is a close-up of my handmade flower:

I have listed a few different flower tutorials over at Paper Sundaes, if you need some inspiration!

On a side note, Paper Sundaes is saying goodbye to two Paper Sundaes Girls this week, Carla and Jenny!  Carla and Jenny will both be really missed, they were amazing DT members!  As a result, we currently have a DT call on right now that ends in about 4 days.  If you'd like to come create with us and make new friends, check out our DT call!

I am entering this card into a few challenges:
Sketch Saturday:  Layout
Wild Orchid challenge:  Flowers
Creatalicious Challenges:  3D
Etsy Inspired for this beautiful  sea-glass necklace pendant!
ABC challenge blog:  You and Me

Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you are having a great weekend!

**~~Christine~~**

11 comments:

alicaz said...

so pretty! Love your flowers and the papers are great too!
Happy Sunday!

HappyCrafter said...

Lovely card, that image is so sweet! I like your flowers too, very neat and glad you shared the tutorial :-) Have a great Sunday!

BananaStamper said...

Great card Christine! I adore your flowers! Beautiful!

Marlene said...

Your handmade flowers are craftastic!

Carla aka scrappypug said...

Beautiful card! Love your colors and your flowers!

Crystal said...

Love those flowers, will definitely be checking out the tutorial! Great colours & that image is so sweet :)

Sunghee said...

lovely card! love the handmade flowers! awesome!

Shana said...

Absolutely gorgeous Christine! I love your flowers and your colouring is amazing!

de said...

Just GORGEOUS! Love those flowers!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

Cheryl said...

So beautiful,love the colours and flowers!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious!!
xx

Bec said...

WOW this is Fabulous.. thanks for playing along at Creatalicious.. Bec xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...