Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Elise by Sugar Nellie

Wow, I'm on a roll this week, this is my 5th card in 4 days!  I have so many more on the go, with the image colored just waiting for me to make it into a card.  Anyone else do that?

All week I have been meaning to complete my card for the current Sugar Bowl challenge, and finished it just in the nick of time!  90 minutes until it closes, yikes!  It wouldn't have taken so long if the batteries hadn't died in the Sew Mini I was using.  I couldn't find any other batteries in the house, so I had to turn the little knob by hand to sew the entire card!  There went an hour of my life!  :p  If only it hadn't died half way through the first side... if it had simply been dead in the first place, I just wouldn't have stitched it!

So much jibber gabber, how about my card?


I hope you're having a great day!

If you want a chance to win a gift certificate for Simon Says Stamp, don't forget to enter the current challenge at Paper Sundaes, there aren't very many entrants right now, so your odds are good!

challenges:
Sugar Bowl:  sketch (optional theme:  blue)
Stamp Something:  Something Flowery
Creative Inspirations:  Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Challenge- Going Dotty

Materials:  Elise by Sugar Nellie, MME papers, PTI cardstock, Kaiser Craft pearls, Wild Orchid Flowers, Tim Holtz distress reinkers.

10 comments:

HappyCrafter said...

The stitching looks great, despite the labour of love it turned out to be! You are making me jealous whipping them out so fast :-)

fi's cards and crafts said...

yes I agree...fab card and the stitching is great...I have a mini sewing machine but I can't get it to sew straight...very frustrating.

Fi
x

Danni said...

Very cute!

Lilian said...

Your card is gorgeous! I envy your machine stitching and yep I agree with Happycrafter - it's a labor of love. Now, you'll be smiling everytime you see this card ;) I also color images more than I make cards :P It's going to be hard matching them with patterned papers lol! Sorry to babble... Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl challenge!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous card and adorable image! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week!

Cheryl said...

this is just so super cute love it
bless you for playing at creative inspirations,this week,love hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful cute card.
luv
Debby

Rica said...

Fabulous card, such pretty papers and colours..........love that adorable image.

Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge.
hugs Heather xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

The stitching looks really good! I like the papers you used too!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Lorraine A said...

gorgeous card :-) I love this image and the papers and layout are fab :-) Love the stitching too :-)

thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...