Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Tilda Birthday Explosion

Today I finally defied this cold or whatever it is that's holding me in it's nasty grips for the last month, and finally finished my Tilda Explosion box, only a week late for my daughter's birthday!  Luckily, she is very forgiving :D  If you've noticed that I haven't been commenting on your blogs, or if you've emailed me and I haven't responded, I hope you are just as forgiving as my daughter!  LOL...

This post is going to be very photo heavy, sorry!

This week at the Magnolia-licious Birthday Bash, they challenged us to make an Explosion box.  This was my first attempt ever.  I'm not sure I'm entirely happy with mine, but at this point I'm happy just to have it finished!  LOL!!  My daughter was thrilled, so I guess that's all that counts.




Since the lyrics to this Cinderella song are written in script around her room, this seemed very appropriate.  I did skip some of the lyrics just so that it would be appropriate for a birthday card.

I am also entering this into the following challenges:
Charisma Cardz:  3D
Papertake Weekly:  Say It With Flowers
Flutter By Wednesday's:  Flowers with Butterflys, fairies or angels
Allsorts Challenge Blog: Birthdays


Materials used:
Stamps: Flying Tilda, Bubbling Tilda
Papers:  DP- MME old stuff from stash, CS- American Crafts
Flowers:  Wild Orchid
Accessories:  Bling-unknown, Crystal Garland (hard to see in photos, tucked among her feet in the inside), Flower Soft, Star Dust stickles

23 comments:

KanataNewf said...

Wow - this is just beautiful.

Jennifer said...

I love your box Christine. The colors compliment each other so well and the flourish bling just finishes it off perfectly. Tilda is colored beautifully....wonderful job.
hugs
Jennifer

Corinne's Place said...

Very beautiful!

Barb Hardeman said...

This is so pretty Christine! Your dp is lovely and the bling and flowers on the inside are delightful! Love that Tilda image, but then I love this whole collection!!!

Suzanne J Dean said...

Beautiful job on this explosion box--love the soft colors and beautiful fairies. Thanks for joining in on this challenge with us!

hugz,
Suzanne

kraftykylie said...

Beautiful work!!! I really love the fairy tale stamps and you have given them a gorgeous home.
Big Smiles to you
Kylie :D

marsha said...

Gorgeous! I love the Tilda you used - great coloring and great DP colors!
Hugs, Marsha

HappyCrafter said...

OMG, this is so cool!!! Are you able to share a link for us to a tutorial? Glad you are feeling better :-)

Marlene said...

What an absolutely gorgeous explosion box! I've never made one of these before. Love this!

Thank you so much for your kind comments, too. Hugs. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Silvie Z said...

Gorgeous box, I like the soft colors you chose!
Hugs,
Silvie from France

Shana said...

Absolutely gorgeous Christine!

Diana Crick said...

Absolutely ADORABLE. I love the paper and colour combo, very sweet. I think this would make a perfect "Make a Wish" box, like blowing out the candles...when you lift the lid there is the little fairy waiting to take our wish to wherever wishes go.
hugs, Diana

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful box and sweet images coloring. Lovely choice of DP!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Nancy said...

Love your box and the images that you used. They are colored beautifully and love the details that you have added. Great job!
Hugs,
Nancy

Cheryl said...

Very, very pretty box! I love your paper choices and beautiful coloring on the images!
Just great!
Cheryl

Only By His Grace Papercrafting said...

Your box is beautiful Christine.
A real super job.
Hugs marion

Dena said...

Christine! This is adorable! Love that new Tilda!!! Beautiful paper choice too!
Hugs,Dena

Barb F said...

So pretty! I love the bright paper and everything !!!! Hugs,

Pam said...

Great box! Love the colors you chose!
Hugs to you,
Pam

Christine Riley said...

Beautiful! Love the beautiful images and papers.
Hugs, Christine

Danni said...

Stunning creation! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Peggie said...

Beautiful box. Love the center.

scrappinpeg said...

Oh Oh.... My FAVORITE TILDA at the moment. One day I hope to own her. I love Tilda blowing bubbles. What an adorable explosion box. Love all the details.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...