Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day and another Sundae challenge!

Happy Mother's Day!

Sunday already, where did the time go?  Oh right, it flew by while I was sick, blech!

Over at Paper Sundaes this week, the challenge is a sketch by Shana over at Two Cute Monsters, and our sponsor this week is Kraftin' Kimmies!  While I have several Kimmie's stamps in my stamp drawer, I felt Nadine calling me, and lucky me, I live close enough to my friend Shana that I could borrow Nadine for my card today!  She has almost every Kraftin' Kimmie stamp that there is!

Here is my take on Shana's sketch:


I can't believe I used a full dozen of my Wild Orchid flowers on this card... wow, I must really love my Mum!  LOL...  I'm trying to find the upside... I guess the sooner I run out, the sooner I can place another order and get more for my stash!  :p

Nadine is popped out of the Nestie oval using the pull through technique, and then popped up with dimensionals.  The sentiment is also popped up.

I am entering this card into 2 challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Birthdays and Celebrations
Alota Rubber challenge #34:  Flowers.

Materials used:
Stamps:  Nadine by Kraftin' Kimmies Stamps, sentiment by Inkadinkadoo
Paper:  Bo Bunny's Back to Basics
Base:  GinaK Pure Luxury Ivory
Image:  Stamped on Strathmore watercolor paper
Medium:  Distress Inks
Other:  Nesties, corner rounder, 3D pop dots, Wild Orchid Flowers, silk ribbon

Thanks for stopping by, have a great Sunday!

**~~Christine~~**

6 comments:

Crystal said...

Great Mothers Day Card Christine! I love the blue and how you used the distress inks to colour! Is there a tutorial you used for the pull-through technique? It looks amazing! Happy Mothers Day to you :)

Carla aka scrappypug said...

How pretty! Love the flowers and the coloring is superb!

HappyCrafter said...

Lovely card, the flowers look great on it, I'm sure your mom will love it! Have a great mothers day!

marsha said...

How adorable! Love this image and your design!

Hugs, Marsha

Tamie said...

I only have a few Kraftin Kimmies, but oh I would love some more. Your card is sooooo cute. I bet your mom just loved it, it is a perfect card.

Helene said...

Very sweet! Thank you for joining the Alota Rubber Stamps Challenge

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...