Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Window Tilda card

A reminder to anyone who stops in, right now at Paper Sundaes we are giving away a new hAnglar Stanglar stamp (the one in my blinkie in my right hand sidebar).  There are seven ways to enter, including participating in our weekly challenge.  This week the challenge is to 'Make a Scene', so for my card today, I decided to make another Magnolia scene card.  By entering our current challenge, you will automatically be entered to win a gift certificate for My Creative Classroom too!



Apparently this is my week to try new things.  On Sunday, I made a side-step card for the first time, and today I made a window card for the first time!  I used another 2 of my new stamps from Magnolia US, they are just so adorable!  I used Tilda With Eggs in her Apron on the front, but covered the eggs with flower soft for a more generic spring theme.  Inside the card (and window) I used the Magnolia Spring Background.  Both of these appear to be out of stock right now :(  Ooh, I hope Tilda doesn't spill all of those apple blossoms!

Here is a close-up:


I definitely need to keep playing with the distress inks, I have lots of room for improvement!

Here is the inside:




Materials used:
Stamps:  Magnolia- Tilda with Eggs in her Apron, Spring Background
Ink- Versafine
Medium- Distress Re-inkers
Paper- PTI CS, American Crafts DP
other:  Flower soft, Basic Grey pearls, unknown mini flowers, nestabilities

I am entering this card into a few challenges:
The layout is from the current sketch at Magnolia-licious Highlights by Claudia Rosa.
Magnolia Stamp Lovers- Scene card
Totally Gorjuss- Texture (flowersoft)
Papertake Weekly- Cutie Pie

Thanks for stopping by!

24 comments:

Sara said...

how sweet! i love your coloring-it's fabulous!

xo
sarabeth

Jill said...

aww this is gorgeous and I love the magnolia image you've used thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

craftymum said...

Super card. Thanks for joining us at TG
Love Sarah XXX

Rose said...

Love your sweet window card. The scene looks really cute! You have done a fine job coloring your images, great work!

Rose

Only By His Grace Papercrafting said...

I love your window card. Beautifully made and very creative. Your colouring with the distress inks is wonderful.
Hugs marion

Norma said...

Christine, gorgeous card. You’ve set up the scene beautifully. Love scenic cards—must do more of them. Wonderful colours and fabulous colouring. I’ve never tried using distress inks to colour—something I’d like to try. Terrific job on your window card.

Hugs.
Norma

Danderella said...

Oh my gosh Christine this is fabulous! I just got some square nesties...maybe I'll try this technique out. Great card!

Kathy said...

This is darling!! I love the scene you created and this card style is so neat! I have never tried one but these are the perfect stamps for it!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog as well!!
Have a great night!
:)Kathy

Eulanda said...

Great card and so creative to fill her apron with flower soft!!

Barb Hardeman said...

Wow! This is gorgeous, and how beautifully you have colored your images. Your scene is totally wonderful! I'll have to give this type of card a try! Thanks for sharing...
hugs,
Barb

Handmade by Vivi said...

Great card and great idea. I love the framed scene!! very clever!!

Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Stamp Lovers!

ps.: I have a blog candy, stop by to check it out (http://handmadebyvivi.blogspot.com)

xxx
Vivi

Alicia said...

Hi,
Thanks for your comment on my blog! I did not know about the Paper Sundae's challenge, but I entered my scene card and am now a proud follower.
Your cards are just adorbale.
Thank you
Alicia xx

Jean said...

Such an adorable widow card.. I love your Tilda looking into the window and the little chick inside.. cutest little thing. You did a great job coloring.
Great card..
Hugs, Jean

Stephanie said...

Great layout! Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Stamp Lovers.

Lisette Morris said...

Beautiful Card! Great window scene and your coloring in awesome.
TFS-Lisette

Crystal said...

Awesome card Christine! Love the colours you used and the flower soft looks great!

marsha said...

This is so adorable! I love your design.
Hugs, Marsha

Candy said...

Oh you're scene is lovely. Love the flower soft in her apron. Your painting is great :o)
Hugs, Candy

Cindy2 said...

Very cute card, I love the patterned flourish at the bottom, please play often at the MSL challenge. Cindy2

Patricia Garcia said...

What a fun scene you created!! Love your colors!

Hugs,
Patricia

freckleface said...

super cute card.. Thanks for playing along at TG this week…Debs

Kat said...

What a lovely card. Love this sweet Tilda. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

cabio's craft corner said...

The scene and that window is fabulous. Love this beautiful creation :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

great card! thanks for joining us at magnolia stamp lovers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...