Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Patchwork Plaid Pure Innocence

Today was the first day back to school for my kids, yay!  It's great having them home, but great to have them back at school!  :D


I made a patchwork card today for a challenge at the My Favorite Things blog, using some old My Mind's Eye papers from my stash.  I used one of my Pure Innocence girls who had not been inked up yet.


She is colored with my Prismacolor pencils, and the background was done with chalks.  The curly paper ribbon (Doublemates cardstock) was formed by wetting the paper then winding it around a blending stump and letting it dry.


This little girl swinging makes me long for the grass to turn green and summer to arrive!


I love using kraft paper with these Pure Innocence Girls, so I was thrilled when I spotted the current challenge at Crazy 4 challenges, which is to make a card with a kraft base!


At The Pink Elephant, the current challenge is to feature nature or something that can be seen in nature.


Also, at Stamptacular Sunday, the current challenge is "Sugar and Spice and Everything nice"- to make a girly card, which this definitely is!


I am also entering this card into the "Pink somethings" challenge at Stamp Something, and into the "April Showers" weather challenge at Raising the Bar, since this card clearly shows a beautiful summer day :D


Thanks for stopping by today!


**~~Christine~~**

15 comments:

BananaStamper said...

Such a fun card Christine! Love that stamp, I just got mine at the end of last week! Can't wait to ink her up!
Cheers,

Annette said...

What an adorable card! Cleverly put together! Thanks for joining us at SSC.

Julie said...

Christine! This card is gorgeous! I love the unusual shape and the way you used the ribbon and the paper swirl! Fabulous! Thanks for playing along with MFT's WSC this week!

Barb Hardeman said...

How adorable! I love your curled paper and folded ribbon you added! It has great dimension and the image is so fun! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week, hope you'll come back and play again next week! Barb

Jenny said...

This is so cute!!

Take a look at my blog, I left you something there ;)

Gemma said...

Oh you used one of my favourtite images I really like the stamps of pure innocense, I like the way you used your ribbon. Nice colours as well. Thanks for joining us at SSC, hope you will join us again next week! Gemma

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

This image is so adorable and your colors are perfect! Love what you have created! Thanks for joining us at Raise The Bar!

marsha said...

This is adorable! Love the stamp and how cute is that layout!

Hugs,
Marsha

Graphicat said...

What an unique card! neat shape!
Thanks for Joining our girly challenge at Stamptacular Sunday!
Hugs
Cheri

Leonie said...

Wow what an unusaul shaped card! I love it.great thinking outside the square!! thanks for joining us this week at SSC.
Hugs Leonie

Country Mouse said...

Super sweet card! So unique!! Thanks for joining us at Raise the Bar!!!

Carolyn said...

She is so cute. I love how she's just innocently swinging. This is all my little one used to do. Fantastic design. Thanks for joining in at SSC.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

~*Joni said...

Hi Christine! I adore fabulous summer days so this card makes me smile. Wonderful patterned papers and that sentiment should be everyone's daily mantra. ;) Thank you for joining us at Raise The Bar this week!

Marianne-db said...

Beautiful card with a lovely image! I like the colors and the shape of this card. Thanks for joining SSC this week!

Paula said...

Love this image and the shape of your card! I'm so glad you were able to join us this week at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!
Pleasantly,
Paula

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...