Tuesday, March 16, 2010

So excited!

I had mentioned to my good friend Shana a while back that I really liked Hanglar & Stanglar stamps but that you can't buy them here.  Well, Shana is always up for a good challenge, and so she was determined to find a way to get us some H&S stamps!  Finally, she figured out that her neighbors grandmother's cousin lives in Norway, and away she went!  After a month of trials and tribulations, we finally got the order to go through, and 2 weeks later, our stamps arrived!!  The extra month delay worked in our favour, too, since HS put out a new release during that time!!  I used one of the new releases to make a Thank you card for the kind Norwegian cousin who put her money on the line to buy these for us, complete strangers!


I used the current sketch layout from Sketch Saturday.  I dipped into my flowers from Wild Orchid for the first time, even though it almost killed me to use them ;)  They are just so pretty!

I am also entering this card into two other challenges: Stampin' For the Weekend- Monochromatic (Pinks, plus the cream as a neutral) & Pile it On- Pastel colours.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

**~~Christine~~**

9 comments:

Danni said...

Hurray for you guys being able to get them! very sweet, cute card!

Aussie Loz said...

Good job finding some way of getting some of these super sweet stamps!! I love this one. Although I don't have any of those flowers of my own, I can certainly understand why you didn't want to use them, they're delicious!! Good luck in the challenges you entered xx

Jenny said...

Aww this is so pretty!! I love the flowers :)

Crystal said...

This is so cute Christine! Love the flowers too & the DP, very pretty.

HappyCrafter said...

Adorable and I lOVE those flowers!

Shana said...

Gorgeous! You coloured her beautifully! Our new "friend" will love her!

BananaStamper said...

Great card Christine! Such a cute stamp - horray for friendly Norwegians!
Shanna :)

Di said...

Beautiful card !! the image is just gorgeous you are very lucky to have got some! cant understand why they dont do them here, they would make a fortune!!!
Anyway thanks for joining SFTW!!

Hugs Di xxx

Gunn (Merete) said...

Great card. Beautiful papers and image.Like the layout.
Thanks for joining us at SFTW.
Gunn :-D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...