Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Valentine for My Daughter

OK, I admit it, this card gave me fits!  First I decided the image wasn't quite right, then the papers... in other words, I started over from scratch!  LOL... But in the end, I am thrilled with how it turned out!


If only I could find nail polish in that button's shade of Robin's egg blue!  :)

Here is a close-up:


I even did up the inside!    (warning, bad photo ahead!)


And it only took me 2 days of cutting, painting, and starting all over again from scratch!  :D

I'd love to hear what you think, after all that angst!

I am entering this into a few challenges:  The layout is from the current sketch challenge at Roses On Paper.  At Ilona's Shop Blog, the current challenge is Love and Hearts.  At Just Magnolia, the challenge is to use flowers and hearts.  At Color Throwdown, the color challenge this week is Soft Sky, Pink Pirhouette and Kraft.  Finally, the challenge at Magnolia Stamp Lovers is Buttons or Bows or Both.

I have another card for later this morning, I hope you'll come back!

**~~Christine~~**

17 comments:

Lynne in NI said...

Awww, its gorgeous - your daughter will love it!
BTW it would have taken me a week to create something as pretty as that!
:o)

Stephanie said...

I believe that your daughter will just ooh and aah over this card, I know I would!! Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Stamp Lovers. Hugs, Stephanie

Annmaree said...

aw thats gorgeous, what a great idea!!!

Lesley said...

Gorgeous card and I *love* the inside!!!

Handmade by Vivi said...

Gorgeous card! your daughter will love it!
Thanks for joining us at MSL challenge blog!
Hugs
Vivi

Kristin Bueter said...

This is so sweet! Love your use of the colors and how you decorated the interior to match! What a wonderful, unique Valentine's Day card...I'm sure your daughter will cherish it :)

Carla aka scrappypug said...

what a lovely card... so pretty.

Cindy said...

I really like the way you've mixed your papers, cute card - play at MSL often, please. Cindy2

LindaC said...

Love the pastels. Thanks for joining Magnolia Stamp Lovers challenge.

Peta said...

I'm sure your daughter will be thrilled with this card, its gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Roses on Paper

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

well, your finished product is beautiful and the colors and papers are perfect. Thanks for joining our Magnolia Stamp Lovers challenge.

Broni said...

This is so cute! I love the gingham and heart prints mixed! So glad you played in the Color Throwdown with us!

Bev said...

Such a beatuiful card, love the flowers! Thanks for joining us at JM this week x

Marina said...

Your card is beautiful!
Love the colours you've chosen and Tilda is so pretty.

Thanks for joining us at ISB-Challenge,

hugs,
Marina

Anary said...

Your daughter lucky to receive this sweet card. I like the lace detail a lot.
Thanks for joining our challenge at Magnolia Stamp Lovers
Anary MsL DT

Iris said...

Oh this is so gorgeous! Love the colors! Your daughter will be thrilled! Thanks for joining us at ROP and also at ISBC

Hugs,
Iris

LeAnne said...

Very sweet card! Thanks for playing CTD! Your blog background & header are very cute, too! Lots of snow here this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...