Saturday, January 2, 2010

Tilda with pockets from Winter Kit

First post of the New Year!

I hope everyone had a great New Year's!  We had a quiet night at home, played some games, and I managed to sneak on the computer long enough to put up a new background and banner on my blog :)

I had hoped to start New Year's Day with a card for my blog, but family time came first.  So here is my first card of the year:



I apologize for the terrible lighting!!  The watercolor paper is actually more of a cream, and the background a white, but this was the best color correction I could get tonight.

For this card, I used my favorite stamp out of the Magnolia Winter & Christmas kit 2009.  Until they release her as a single, I won't have a name for her.  (Edited to add, her name is Sweet Tilda, how appropriate!)  I also used some new Bo Bunny paper from our local scrapbook store.  Tilda was stamped onto watercolor paper with Versafine and then colored with distress inks, only my second time using them, but I love them!!  The sparkly ribbon is from a local fabric store.

For this card, I used the current colour combo at Embellish Magazine (Red, pink and Black with hearts), and the current sketch at The Diedrich Dare.  At Creative Card Crew, the current challenge is 'anything goes', which this definitely qualifies for :D.  I am also entering this into the current challenge over at Roses on Paper to use your favorite coloring medium (My new distress inks are already my favorites!!)  Over at Etsy Inspired, they are featuring a wonderful shop with super cute pillows, and I used the pillow here for inspiration.  Lastly I am entering this card into the 'New' challenge over at Fussy and Fancy, for the use of my new papers, brads, stamp and distress inks, and also the 'New' challenge at Stamp Something.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

Christine

37 comments:

Shana said...

What darling brads! This is one of my favorite stamps from the winter kit. Thank you for sharing!

Patti.Jo said...

Such a cute card! Love this new Tilda and you colored her well!

Sharon Caudle said...

What an adorable card, Christine! I love that Tilda and the awesome Valentine colors! Fabulous job! hugs!

cabio's craft corner said...

Sweet little Tilda and lovely heart shape brads on the layout!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Joynana said...

I love the Tilda, I can't wait until they come out as a single. Your coloring is great. For taking pictures I made an Infinity board, which helps a lot. I got the directions from one of Stamp TV's magazines. The August 15, 2009 issue. And I use my ott-lite if its night time.

Angelwood said...

This is very sweet! You did a great job coloring this Tilda and I love those brads too! hugs, Angela

Robin said...

WOW...what a great card. Tilda is lovely!!! She is a keeper...might have to get her!!! TFS!

charlene aka scrappygma said...

what a cute little card ! I love her and the brads hehehe .... I just inked her up myself last night hope to get her into a card later today !
Hugs

Brandi said...

Very cute! :)

Nancy said...

Very cute card! I think this Tilda is a little cutie also. Great job!
Hugs,
Nancy

Stampin Mindy said...

I love this image, the heart brads are so cute! Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

This is such a fun card! Thanks so much for playing along with Embellish!

Krista said...

I love this card! So cute. Thanks for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy.

Scrapping Julie said...

she is so cute. she looks great with the pink!

Juanita said...

Oh, she is so cute. Love your color combo.

Fussy and Fancy Girl Juanita

Jacki Randolph said...

Adorable card, love the design paper and the heart brads.Thanks for joining us on the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge.

Lauren said...

This is so cute! I just love that Tilda - she is so versatile!

Lauren

Suzanne J Dean said...

Sweet as can be! Love the colors and heart accents--so cute!

hugz,
Suzanne

sarahmartina said...

Love the sweet heart brads! Thanks for joining us for the Embellish Color Challenge!

Randi said...

Such a cute card! Love the heart brads! Thanks for playing along with the Diedrich Dare this week!

Jacqueline said...

The heart brads are perfection!! Such a cute image too! Thanks SO much for playing along with us at the Diedrich Dare!! :D

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh wow!! She's just adorable!! I really love your hearts along the sides!! Thanks for playing with us at Stamp Something this week!! HUGS

KymKreates said...

I have problems with lighting too but she is adorable!

Kris said...

This is so cute!!!!! LOVE the heart shaped embellies... great take on the sketch this week! Thanks for joining us at the Dare! hugs, Kris

Eulanda said...

OH this is so cute!! I just got her too but haven't had time to ink her up yet. A MUST after I have seen your creation! I love your coloring!! :)

Charlene Austin said...

Super sweet!!

Kathy said...

wow this is prefect for the challenge!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Super cute! Thanks so much for playing in the EIC this week!

Maile Belles said...

Very cute! So glad you could join us in the Embellish Challenge

Laura Davis said...

Super cute!
Laura

Barbara said...

Fabulous, love the papers and colours you've chosen.
Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy for our first challenge - good luck.
Barbara
xx

de said...

Beautifully crafted card! The inspiration from the cupcake is right on! Love your coloring and embellies!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

Deirdre said...

Beautiful card - love it.

marianagrigsby said...

Super cute! Thanks for participating!

glowinshadow23 said...

Very nicely colored Tilda!

Heather P. said...

This is totally adorable! Thanks for playing along with the EIC! :)

Ruth said...

Beautiful card,Ruth x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...