Sunday, December 20, 2009

Birthday Surprise

5 days until Christmas, how did that happen?  The last of my cards went into the mail today, I guess they will most likely be late!  I saved the closest ones for last, so I'll cross my fingers that they arrive in time.  I have had a bad mail week, I accidently sent an Express package to myself!  LOL...  So Friday I got to head back to the post office to resend it, and of course the post offices are all crazy busy!  Ah well, hopefully I won't have to be back in one again any time soon!  Have you all gotten your cards mailed?  Or do you procrastinate like me?


Today I have a card for the current sketch challenge at Motivet.





The alternating stripes on the box and lid are done in Stickles.  The lace I picked up at a local bridal fabric store.


I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Motivet- sketch challenge
Colour Create- Pink, Burgundy and Ivory
Charisma Cardz- Anything but Christmas
Cupcake Craft Challenges- 5x5 Birthday card
Crafty Ann's Challenge- No red or Green (Those really are burgundy/fuschia!  Definitely not red IRL)
Creative Card Crew- Anything Goes

Materials used:
Stamp:  Motivet- Doraline Surprise
Papers: Basic Grey
Medium:  Prismacolors, Koh-i-Noor, OMS


I hope you have a great day!

15 comments:

Annmaree (EmuUpAGumTree) said...

Very cool indeed, so adorable!

Sally said...

Stunning card. Love the colors. Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Liza said...

A gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Donna said...

Fantastic card, thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

Loz (Aus) said...

Were you excited when you got your express package!! That's a funny story!! Love this little Doraline, she's one I picked for my winnings so can't wait for them to arrive!! Love the sparkly box, hope you have a safe and happy Christmas x

Ann Whitfield said...

Absolutely gorgeous and yes, I do believe you about the colours lol! As for the express package.......who hasn't done something similar at one time or another??? Thank you for joining in at Crafty Ann's again this time and I hope you have a lovely Christmas (from another procrastinator!!)
Ann x

Vee said...

Fabulous card. What a funny story bet you had a good laugh at yourself!!. Thanks for playing with Charisma.
xx Vee

Anne said...

What a fabby card. Love your colour combo and that sentiment really is cool. Thank you for joining us at CACB. Hope you enjoy Christmas. Hugs xx

Chrissie said...

This is just fabulous, love that sweet image and beautifully coloured too.
Thanks for joining in with CACB.

Beryl said...

This is gorgeous - I love the Motivet stamps but only have one myself (so far). The colours are fab. Thank you for joining in Crafty Ann's challenge.
Beryl xx

scrappypug said...

so pretty! I love that basic grey bittersweet.. I think its my all time fave.

Allison said...

lovely cute card
Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week
AllisonX

Allison said...

lovely cute card
Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week
AllisonX

JanJay said...

This is so cute!

Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week

Jan x

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

What a cutie - he makes me smile! Love the colors and sparkles. Thanks so much for playing along with the CCC during this very busy time of year. Best of everything to you in 2010!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...