Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Motivet's first challenge!

This week, Motivet has their first challenge on their blog.  This gave me an excuse to break out one of my new stamps and make another Christmas card.



I used some fantastic papers by Webster's Pages, I love their paper!!  I hated to cut into it, but went to the store and bought replacement sheets already!  Ha ha!  All of the papers are distressed with Holtz distress inks on the edges.

You can't really see the sentiment on the metal embellishment in this photo, so I took a close-up.  The metal tag is attached with embroidery thread.



The metal sentiment is from my stash from 3 years ago, I've been hoarding a full set of them and finally broke them open for this project!

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Motivet:  Sketch challenge
Charisma Cardz:  Merry & Bright
Secret Crafter:  4 Seasons
Creative Card Crew:  Strings Attached
Lil red wagon:  Distress it up

Materials:
Stamp:  Motivet- Children riding Kick-sled
Paper:  Webster's Pages
Metal Sentiment:  Charmed, I'm sure
Ribbon- unknown
Medium:  Prismacolors & OMS

I hope everyone is having a great week!  I hope you come back tomorrow!

Christine

PS, don't forget to enter my blog candy, link in my sidebar.

12 comments:

Danielle said...

This is such a sweet card Christine! The Motivet images are just lovely and I can see why you love the paper! Gorgeous! Sorry to hear of the DT disappointment for you too - ah well, it obviously wasn't meant to be right now, maybe another time!! Your work is beautiful though so don't give up and get discouraged!
Hugs, Danielle

Shana said...

Absolutely stunning! I love the paper and the metal sentiment.

Marion said...

Super card and I love those papers. Great image coloured beautifully.
Marion

Emu Up A Gum Tree said...

Aw thats lovely, great backgrounds and adore the image!

Sally said...

Fabulous card. Love the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

Jacilynn said...

adorable! I love these motivet Christmas stamps. I ordered one and hope it gets here soon so I can play along with the challenge!x

Shelly said...

Lovely card, Christine! I like the beautiful, rich colors you chose.

Vee said...

Thanks for playing with Charisma this week, your card is just perfect for our Merry & Bright challenge.Good Luck
xx Vee

tiina38 said...

Very nice card, lovely stamp image!

Hugs, from Finland Tiina

Joanne said...

Beautifully done! Thanks for playing along at Little Red Wagon!

Rosanne said...

What a lovely card! Thanks for joining in at Little red Wagon.

Deanna said...

Too cute!

Dee - LRW DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...